Arnub Ltd. & Aspect Homes (ADC) Ltd. intend to apply to An Bord Pleanála for permission for a strategic housing development, on an overall site of c. 20.04 hectares, located in the townlands of Baltrasna and Milltown, Ashbourne, County Meath.
- Demolition of all existing structures on site, comprising 3 no. single storey dwellings and their associated outbuildings (total demolition area: c.659m²).
- Construction of 702 no. residential dwellings comprised of: 420 no. 2 & 3 storey 2, 3, 4, & 5 bed detached, semi-detached & terraced houses, 38 no. 2 & 3 bed duplex units in 19 no. 3 storey buildings, and 244 no. 1, 2, & 3 bed apartments in 20 no. buildings ranging in height from 3 to 6 storeys.
- The development also includes for the following non-residential uses: (i) 2 no. childcare facilities, (ii) 4 no. retail units and (iii) 1 no. GP practice / medical use unit located in Block A1 (c.186m²).
- The development provides for a basement level car park located under Block A1 and, 2 no. undercroft car parks located at the ground floor level of Blocks A and Block B1.
- The development provides for an area of c.1 hectare reserved for a future school site and playing pitch at the western boundary of the site.
- Vehicular access to the development will be via 2 no. access points as follows: (i) from Cherry Lane, located off Dublin Road (R135), in the north-east of the site and, (ii) from Hickey’s Lane, located off Dublin Road (R135), to the east of the site. The development includes for road upgrades / improvement works to both Cherry Lane and Hickey’s Lane and their junctions with Dublin Road (R135). A new east-west access road through the development site extending from Cherry Lane to the western boundary of the site and all associated site development works is proposed. The development includes for 1 no. pedestrian / bicycle green link access point from Dublin Road (R135) and pedestrian and cycle paths throughout the development site.
- The development also provides for (i) all ancillary / associated site development works above and below ground, (ii) public open spaces, including hard & soft landscaping, play equipment & boundary treatments, (iii) communal open spaces (iv) undercroft, basement, and surface car parking, including for EV, mobility impaired, and car share parking spaces (total 1,262 no. car parking spaces) (v) 869 no. dedicated bicycle parking spaces at undercroft and surface level, including for external bicycle stores & visitor spaces (vi) bin storage, (vii) public lighting, (viii) signage (ix) plant (M&E) & utility services, including for 7 no. ESB sub-stations (x) green roofs.